Are you looking for the best electric chainsaw? This list will help you pick the good one because it’s a difficult task to select which one is great as there are a lot of brands in the market offering their products, but our reviews include only top-rated chainsaws.
A chainsaw is a tool that can be used to cut wood, such as trees, branches, stumps, limbs, and more. Although traditional manual chainsaws are still floating around, the more modernized chainsaws are controlled by various sources like batteries, gas, and electric cords. Some are significantly more remarkable than others. In earlier days, we would step into a hardware store to get a chainsaw, but currently, when everything is delivered at your home, why not the chainsaw. This site is made by my research on the electric chainsaw along with the site’s where you can get it after going through the reviews.
Electric Chainsaw Reviews 2020
|Chainsaw||Photo||Power Source||Bar Length||Item Weight||Dimensions|
|WORX WG303.1||Corded-Electric||16 Inches||11 lbs||14.57 x 19.69 x 8.07 in|
|DEWALT DCCS620B||Battery-Powered||12 Inches||8.8 lbs||25 x 9 x 9 in|
|Remington RM1645||Corded-Electric||16 Inches||9.2 lbs||32.8 x 9.8 x 8.8 in|
|Remington RM1425||Corded-Electric||14 Inches||5.2 lbs||14 x 7 x 8 in|
|GreenWorks 20222||Corded-Electric||14 Inches||8 lbs||29 x 9 x 7 in|
|Black Decker LCS1240||Battery-Powered||12 Inches||10.4 lbs||28.56 x 8.81 x 9.63 in|
|GreenWorks 20262||Battery-Powered||12 Inches||6 lbs||26.4 x 8.1 x 11 in|
|Worx WG322||Battery-Powered||10 Inches||6.19 lbs||25 x 7.5 x 9.5 in|
|Makita UC4051A||Corded-Electric||16 Inches||14 lbs||10 x 24.2 x 10.5 in|
|Oregon CS1500||Corded-Electric||18 Inches||12.6 lbs||18 x 37.5 x 10.5 in|
Check out our top 10 electric chainsaws guaranteed to cut through wood like a knife through melted butter.
1. WORX WG303.1 POWERED CHAIN SAW, 16-INCH BAR LENGTH
WORX 16-inch 14.5A is a most powerful electric chainsaw to fell or trim trees and keeps your yard looking extraordinary. The automatic chain tensioning system prevents it from over-tightening. For safety purposes, it’s also equipped with a built-in chain brake, specially designed to reduce the risk of kickbacks. Not quite the same as gas-powered chainsaws, it doesn’t expect you to blend oil and gas or manage troublesome new businesses. Additionally, a rubber over-molded rear handle and functional designed full-wrap front handle let you work in full control and comfort.
- Lightweight and ergonomic for safe, efficient operation
- Auto lubrication with oil level indicator
- The patented auto-tension system prevents over-tightening
- Safety features like chain brake and comfort grip handle
- Reliable 14.5A motor efficiently delivers power comparable to that of a gas-powered chainsaw
2. DEWALT DCCS620B 20V MAX XR COMPACT 12-INCH CORDLESS CHAINSAW
DEWALT MAX XR Compact 12-inch cordless which works on 20V batteries is a mini electric chainsaw. Gas-free operation eliminates the cold starts, fumes, carburettor issues, and maintenance involved with gas-powered chainsaws. This chainsaw is built to work hard. It tends to be dependable for intense development works and open-air errands. The lightweight helps to maximize the control by the user. Brushless motor technology conveys reliable runtime and expanded engine life.
- Low kickback 12-inch bar and chain for construction and outdoor jobs
- Compact, lightweight design for maximum user control
- High-efficiency brushless motor maximizes runtime and motor life
- Up to 90 cuts per charge on 4×4 pressure treated wood
- Tool-free chain tensioning and bar tightening knob for proper bar clamping force
3. REMINGTON RM1645 VERSA SAW 12A 16-INCH ELECTRIC CHAINSAW
REMINGTON 16-inch electric chainsaw is a multipurpose, lightweight, high-performance tool with a 12A electric motor perfect for trimming and pruning limbs and branches in addition to other clean up tasks. It contains all the highlights required to make your yard tidy up fast and quick. The 16-inch low-kickback bar and chain take into account improved cutting execution. At the same time, the side-mounted tensioning framework spares time and guarantees chain pressure remains steady, as chain alterations are quickly made while working. This low-noise, lightweight chainsaw is ready to go with the pull of the trigger and is ideal for trimming and clean-up.
- Compact, yet robust size for all your clean up tasks
- Functional design with comfort handle provides efficient operation
- Oil level viewer for easy maintenance and assistance while operating
- Work through branch after branch without ever having to worry about lubricating the chain.
- Cut through branches with ease and little kickback so that you can tackle the tough tasks around your yard
4. REMINGTON RM1425 LIMB N TRIM 8A 14-INCH CORDED ELECTRIC CHAINSAW
Designed to cut small limbs and saplings, the Remington 14 inch electric chainsaw provides rugged construction and easy to understand highlights. The Limb N Trim is equipped with an 8A motor and has a 14-inch low-kickback bar and chain. It comes with a push-button oiler and an outside change framework for reliable chain tensioning. Unlike gas-powered tools, this corded electric chainsaw does not require gasoline, and it’s easier to start. Whatever your purpose, this machine can adjust and assist you with taking care of business. It also comes fully assembled and is backed by a 2-year limited warranty.
- Durable 14-inch bar, strong enough to handle residential limbing and arbor maintenance tasks
- Lightweight design and electric motor make it easy to cut branches with less fatigue
- This electric chainsaw eliminates the need to mix oil and gas.
- It doesn’t idle but roars to life with a squeeze of the trigger
- The external chain tension adjuster makes tensioning easy
- Push-button oiler lets you add the right amount of oil
5. GREENWORKS 20222 ELECTRIC CHAINSAW, 14-INCH
The GreenWorks 20222 9 Amp 14-Inch Corded chainsaw is a little and good electric chainsaw that you can use in your homestead, nursery, or carpentry to do light woodcutting jobs. It includes a low commotion level, so working with this baby won’t be an irritation to your family and neighbors. The apparatus less tensioning framework highlight of this cutting tool lets you modify the pressure of the fitted chain effectively and without stresses. This cutting tool will serve your needs, whether it is yard tidy up, or storm tidy up.
- Smooth chain tensioning with fast fix handle
- Automatic oiler applies oil to the bar and chain to guarantee sturdiness and expand the life of the chain
- Translucent oil tank for a clear view of oil level
6. BLACK+DECKER 40V MAX CORDLESS CHAINSAW, 12-INCH (LCS1240)
The BLACK+DECKER LCS1240 battery-powered electric chainsaw includes a 40V MAX Lithium-Ion Battery for longer runtime and in general life – it remains energized to 5x longer. It has a 12-inch Oregon low-kickback bar and chain, which provides smooth and quick cuts. The tool-free chain tensioning allows for quick and easy chain adjustments, and it likewise includes a lightweight structure for convenience and mobility. The automatic oiling system guarantees steady bar and chain grease, and the wrap-around bale handle gives expanded control and solace.
- Tool-less chain tensioning for fast and easy adjustments
- Oiling framework for lubrication of bar and chain
- Lightweight design eases users to cut quickly and more efficiently
7. GREENWORKS 12-INCH 40V CORDLESS CHAINSAW, 2.0 AH BATTERY INCLUDED 20262
High-performance 40V G-Max Lithium-Ion battery delivers fade-free power with no memory loss after charging. Robust 12-inch steel chain and bar with tool-less chain tensioning offers usability while conveying the most noteworthy cutting execution. Rear handle configuration gives excellent control, particularly during overhead use. Over-shaped handles for expanded user comfort. Auto-oiler with clear-see window for simple oil level checks. Greenworks 40V G-Max Cordless Lithium-Ion, best small chainsaw, conveys the force and superior you have to complete your cutting without the problem of extension cords or dense gas-powered chainsaws.
- 12” Oregon bar and chain, ideal for cutting branches and appendages easily
- Tool-less chain tensioning for quick adjustments so you can get back to the task at hand
- Automatic oiler applies oil to the bar and chain to guarantee toughness and expand the life of the chain
- Translucent oil tank for a clear view of oil level
- Compatible with GreenWorks G-MAX 40V Li-Ion System for higher effectiveness and longer run time with a variety of tools to finish your yard work
8. WORX WG322 20V CORDLESS CHAINSAW WITH AUTO-TENSION
WORX cordless electric chainsaw is an innovative electric saw for cutting trees. Auto-tension system combination with auto-lubrication makes this saw simple to utilize and keeps it running efficiently. The addition of extension pole provides an extra 10ft reach to those challenging to arrive at branches. What’s more, since its part of the 20V Power Share Platform, you can impart batteries with other 20V WORX devices you effectively claim, setting aside time and cash.
- Lightweight, compact design – just over 10lbs
- Auto-tension and auto-lubrication keep you moving
- Plenty of power and torque
- Part of 20V power share platform
- Ergonomic comfort grip reduces fatigue
9. MAKITA UC4051A 16-INCH ELECTRIC CHAIN SAW
The Makita Electric Chainsaw is designed for quick cutting, productive activity, and simple upkeep without the problem of gas. The UC4051A has a chain speed of 2,900 FPM for proficient cutting and trimming. The motor has a built-in current limiter, which is built to shield the engine from burnout by lessening power when the saw is over-burden, and an electric chain brake for most extreme profitability. Extra highlights incorporate an automatic chain oiler for heavy continuous cutting, and an enormous oil repository with see the window that permits the administrator to check the oil level effortlessly. For increased comfort, the cutting apparatus has ergonomic rubber treated grasp handles and a big trigger switch with a delicate beginning for smooth start-ups.
- “Tool-less” blade and chain adjustments for convenient operation and easy maintenance
- Rubberized hold handles are ergonomically intended for comfort
- Built-in current limiter helps protect the motor from burnout by reducing power to the motor when the saw is overloaded
- Electric chain brake for highest efficiency
- Current limiter shields engine from harm brought about by heat
10. OREGON CS1500 18-INCH 15A SELF-SHARPENING CORDED ELECTRIC CHAINSAW
On the off chance that you are searching for a powerful, low-clamour electric chainsaw for cutting branches and appendages in your yard, the Oregon CS1500 is the best professional chainsaw. Save yourself time and hassle, since the CS1500 starts instantly and doesn’t require any gas-oil mixing. Tool-less tensioning allows you to tension the chain by just tightening the ring on the side cover – no special tools required.
- Automatic oiler with view-through window
- Tool-less Chain Tensioning System
- With the PowerSharp sharpening system, you can sharpen on the saw, on the job in seconds.
It is a general observation that people find it challenging to select and buy the chainsaw as there are many products available in the market. So which electric chainsaw is good? Here we will talk about a couple of tips that ought to be considered under perception as it will assist individuals with an excursion in purchasing the most wanted and appropriate electric chainsaw, post saw.
Electric chainsaw prices can come under budget are so much reasonable, which makes it affordable for every user with a meagre budget and replacement with an old and large one. The electric chainsaw prices vary depending upon the quality and top-rated features.
Anyway, one ought not to go for the least expensive cutting tool by just seeing its value; one ought to consider all the upsides and downsides of an electric cutting tool and afterwards choose which generation would be achievable for their rock-solid errands.
Purpose of use
It’s anything but a general practice to consider both corded and cordless electric chainsaw to be utilized for hardcore assignments, for example, cutting or felling large mammoth trees. There are a lot of factors you have to consider when buying a chainsaw, and you need to understand what you’re going to be using the chainsaw for before you can decide how long a blade you need.
It is highly recommended to think of the tasks which you are interested in while buying the electric chainsaw as it depends a lot on the type of work you want to achieve from it. With many people working in areas that have plenty of rain, it is essential to learn whether or not you can use electric chainsaws in wet conditions.
One should never forget about safety when dealing with an electric chainsaw as these devices are designed for heavy-duty tasks, plus these are equipped with fast electrical chains and motors that may cause you injury when dealt with less care. One thing you also need to take care of is that you need to make sure that the area around you where you are cutting the log is clear. It would help if you didn’t have large objects in your way because you can get yourself injured.
Chainsaw devices steadily lose their sharpness with customary use, and the electric chainsaw tool is no exemption. Yet, if you have the sharpener, you can have the electric chainsaw’s teeth sharpened whenever you have to.
Using the right chainsaw oil will help preserve the lifespan of your electric chainsaw. Understanding how your chainsaw oil works will help you buy the best oil and ensure the chainsaw is well maintained.
Chainsaw Safety Tips – How to Use A Chainsaw Safely
Chainsaw Safety is the most critical thing you need to learn about before ever starting your chainsaw. Manufacturers are continually trying to make their chainsaws as safe as possible with new features; at the end of the day, it’s your responsibility to educate yourself and follow proper operating procedures whenever you use your chainsaw.
1. Read each expression of your proprietor’s manual and learn it thoroughly. Each cutting apparatus is extraordinary, so get familiar with your specific model.
2. Understand your cutoff points. Here and there, it’s smarter to call an expert if your task is past your capacities and solace level. It’s alright, don’t let your sense of self hinder your security.
3. If you’re a tenderfoot beginning, essential with your activities. Cutting logs for kindling or branches is an excellent spot to start; however, don’t start with felling a huge tree – start with a little tree—practice, practice, practice. Start little.
4. Always wear your defensive rigging, this incorporates
5. Do not cut it alone. Continuously have somebody close by – however, not near you – just if something turns out badly.
6. Always have a decent emergency treatment pack nearby.
7. Never cut wood being held by somebody else.
8. When beginning your cutting apparatus ensures the chain brake is locked in.
9. Always keep your running cutting apparatus with two hands. Never utilize one hand. On the off chance that you have to use your hand for something, ensure you turn off your cutting tool first.
10. Do not climb a tree with your cutting apparatus. Climbing trees is for experienced or proficient administrators. Investigate purchasing a shaft checked whether you have to cut branches that require climbing.
11. Don’t surge. Unwind. In case you’re uncertain what to do straight away, turn off your cutting tool and think of an arrangement first.
12. Inspect your cutting apparatus before beginning to guarantee that all the security highlights are working, and the chain is tight on the guide bar.
13. Never cut with the nose or tip of your cutting tool. This will cause payoff and can prompt a genuine physical issue.
14. Never utilize a cutting apparatus to cut over your head.
15. Before you refuel, permit the cutting tool to chill off.
16. When moving from tree to tree, either kill your cutting tool or connect with the chain brake.
17. Don’t utilize a cutting tool on a stepping stool.
18. Use a casing to ship your cutting tool.
19. Keep your cutting apparatus far from youngsters.
This guide will help you to start and operate chainsaw quickly and safely.
Choosing between all of these electric chainsaw models should be an easier task after reading his comprehensive guide on the device. Remember to consider factors like power, transportability, costs, and weight before you settle on a model.
Also, you should focus on the added features of the chainsaw since it can have a drastic effect on its retail price. Chainsaws are a venture, and a large portion of them don’t come modest, so you must be cautious with regards to picking a model that you legitimately need. Hopefully, this article has helped you understand a lot about the subject.