Using the right chainsaw oil will help preserve the lifespan of your electric chainsaw. Understanding how your chainsaw works will help you buy the best oil and ensure it is well maintained. Read on below and find out the best type of oil for a chainsaw as well as additional tips to ensure your chainsaw runs appropriately for many years.
The main reason your electric chainsaw needs oil is for performing the critical task of lubrication. The oil helps in keeping the chainsaw in optimal working order every time you are using it. It keeps the chain and bar running correctly, which are parts of a chainsaw that require constant attention to avoid any problems during the cutting task.
Importance of Oil in an Electric Chainsaw
Unlike gas chainsaws that utilization a blend of oil and gas fuel to work, an electric chainsaw gets its energy from power. In any case, the electric chainsaw, despite everything, still needs oil for proper working as it helps in greasing up the chain and bar. It is basically for reducing friction since the chain ordinarily rotates rapidly and continuously over the fixed chainsaw bar.
Here are the primary reasons why you have to ensure your electric chainsaw is greased continuously up with the correct type of oil:
- Extends chain life and for the entire chainsaw when all is said in done
- Reduces friction between the bar and chain
- Saves cash in Maintainance costs
- Ensures safe use of the chainsaw
- Prevents debris from clogging the chainsaw
Various Types of Oil for Electric Chainsaw
There are two types of electric chainsaw oil: winter oil and summer oil. Winter oil is thinner because of a couple of reasons. It permits simple application on the chainsaw and ensures better circulation even in cold temperatures.
Conversely, summer oil is much thicker, and this encourages it to adhere better to the chainsaw. If the fuel used during summer were not thick enough, at that point, it would rapidly take off the chainsaw. You should use the correct oil at the right season to abstain from harming your electric chainsaw on account of working with a dry chainsaw.
For the most part, on the off chance that you own an electric chainsaw, the best spot to begin your examination on what kind of oil you should use is to check the manual. Nonetheless, if you no longer approach the item manually, you can generally check the site of that particular chainsaw brand or even call their helpline legitimately. They will reveal to you the correct oil mix and type they suggest you purchase for your specific electric chainsaw.
What Brand of Oil Is Best?
The brand name chainsaw oil usually costs higher than regular. As a result, most people wonder whether it is worth spending that extra money rather than using the more affordable options. There are several reasons why these brand name oils are much better than the regular ones, including:
- Fewer contaminants in the oil
- Lasts longer due to more beneficial additives
- Brand loyalty and sticking to what is recommended by the manufacturer
Step by step instructions to apply Electric Chainsaw Oil-
- Switch off your electric chainsaw and unplug it from the attachment or electrical outlet
- Place the chainsaw flat on the ground or your workbench and give it a time to cool down totally
- Remove dirt and debris from the top part of the chainsaw, particularly the oil filler cap to prevent contamination
- Open the tank top and afterward place funnel where you will be pouring the oil.
- Pour the oil and ensure you fill it up to the mark showed by the maker
- Finally, remove the oil funnel and safely lock the tank top
Hopefully, this article has helped you understand a lot about the subject.
As referenced above, using the correct sort of oil is basic in expanding the life expectancy of your electric chainsaw. The best option when it comes to lubricating this handy power tool is to consult your chainsaw’s manufacturer.